Search Keyword By: V
Synonym normalized frequency.
Sets of telecommunications protocols and interfaces defined by CCITT (now ITU-T) Recommendations. Note: Some of the more common V.-series Recommendations are:
- V.21: A CCITT Recommendation for modem communications over standard commercially available lines at 300 b/s. This protocol is generally not used in the United States.
- V.22bis: A CCITT Recommendation for modem communications over standard commercially available voice-grade channels at 2,400 b/s and below.
- V.32: A CCITT Recommendation for modem communications over standard commercially available voice-grade channels at 9.6 kb/s and below.
- V.32bis: A CCITT Recommendation for modem communication over standard commercially available voice-grade channels at 14.4 kb/s and below.
- V.34: An ITU-T Recommendation for modem communication over standard commercially available voice-grade channels at 28.8 kb/s and below.
- V.42: A CCITT Recommendation for error correction on modem communications.
- V.42bis: A CCITT Recommendation for data compression on a modem circuit.
- V.FAST: A new CCITT Recommendation for high-speed modems currently under development.
Vehicle to Vehicle
Vehicle to Everything
This announcement is played when a customer mis-dialed or the NPA-NXX or NXX-X is not valid. An example of such a recording is as follows: “We’re sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please, check the number and try again.” (See “NIIF Reference Document Part 2 – Installation and Maintenance Responsibilities for SS7 Links and Trunks Attachment H – SS7 Cause Codes and Tones and Announcements,” ATIS-0300019.)
Synonym anti-virus program.
1. Tests to determine whether an implemented system fulfills its requirements. 2. The checking of data for correctness or for compliance with applicable standards, rules, and conventions. 3. [The] process of applying specialized security test and evaluation procedures, tools, and equipment needed to establish acceptance for joint usage of an information system (IS) by one or more departments or agencies and their contractors. [INFOSEC-99] Note: This action will include, as necessary, final development, evaluation, and testing, preparatory to acceptance by senior security test and evaluation staff specialists. [